Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Why I hate Apple users "who don't preach about the glory that is Apple"

OK, this blog entry is another nice long rant about Apple. This time its about the users rather then the company. Of course, since I like my rants to be entirely valid, I did stick in some of the company's problems throughout the post.


You know, this is what I hate about the computing world today. I've seen Apple users for a number of years now, and they claim they quietly think that their platform is better then Windows and other alternatives. They deny that Linux has a GUI. I mean, seriously, I take my laptop, I'm sitting there using Linux with a GUI. "You have to use command line for everything!" Even though I don't open a command line at all and perform more tasks then the other people on Windows can do without opening there command line. But thats skewing off topic. The real point is the beginning of this post is a modified quote from a comment (to reverse the point) from an article regarding the overpriced iPod shuffle and how other, cheaper player with more features, more space, more of everything is a better choice.


Read this article, and I'm sure you can find the comment I'm talking about: http://davesipaq.com/articles/iPOD_Shuffle_Sandisk_MP3/1.html


The iPod Shuffle doesn't have a display. According to Apple lovers, when you have a media player that small and can't scroll through the songs, a display is pointless! I mean, who would look for a song to play on an MP3 player? And that random song from your computer that was randomly placed on the MP3 player you haven't heard in a long time and really like and want to listen to at home, why should you be able to find out the name of the song, artist, and album? I have a cheap, piece of crap MP3 player. Occasionally my friends listen to it. They like a song. They ask me what the name of it is, and I can't remember the name. Thanks to the wonderful screen on the device, I can look at them and tell it. With the iPod Shuffle, you are screwed, and can be proud of it when you tell your friends that! And of course, Apple can save you a couple of bucks by not including a screen, even though if you just don't buy from Apple you can save a lot of bucks and get a screen.


Apple users also are aware that the radio, which I commonly use in my car to listen to music which I don't have on CD since I haven't heard before and sometimes talkshows on it are interesting, is entirely useless. I mean, what the hell, something is broadcasted? Just like TV, radio is entirely useless.


Voice recorders. Well, voice recorders have no use. Duh! Any Apple user could have told you that one! Why bother with something with a microphone that you can easily and conviently bring to a class to record a lecture? Of course, getting an external and seperate device to do that would be better.


File compatiblity. AAC with Apple-DRM is going to save the world! It works with iTunes, which everyone must use! Using other music stores makes you evil too!


The $16 extra charge to get a worse MP3 player in every department is clearly worth it!



Of course, the next part of this blog entry is more geared torwards comments made to me because I state the FACTS about what Apple does. To anyone that disputes that statement, I have a challange for you: Find where I am spreading FUD and not FACTS. Quote me. Please.


I have recently been accused of being evil, hating all companies, and trolling. Apparently, not loving Apple means I'm evil, hating what Apple does means hating all companies, and stating what Apple does means trolling. I cannot stand when people accuse me of trolling when they make out Apple to be this great company, complimenting them for something they didn't do and quite commonly did the inverse. A great example is explained in this previous blog entry: http://aent.blogspot.com/2004/10/apple-vs-open-source-software-lot-of.html


I would go on about this, but I think that post speaks for itself and you can figure the rest out, so I'll end my Apple discussion with this statement: Apple users annoy me.

4 comments:

Zef Hemel said...

Here you go: http://www.zefhemel.com/archives/2005/01/27/bad-bad-apple-users

Anonymous said...

What, all Apple users? Slightly extreme. Ah, but if only I'd read this entry a day earlier. I'd have been able to cancel my iPod Shuffle order and gone for that thing. My own research turned up nothing cheaper than the 1GB iPod :(

Still, it only supports MP3s, *eugh*.

*petitions Apple for Ogg support*

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susan said...

Wonderful article, thanks for putting this together! This is obviously one great post. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here.
webstagram